on all orders over $75
[Recipe] Sweet & Salty Tipsy Pickle Snack Board
Make entertaining easy with this Sweet & Salty themed snack board:
- One batch of Tipsy Pickle Hummus
- One batch of Tipsy Quick-Pickled Red Onions
- One jar worth of The Tipsy Pickle's Bourbon Barrel Aged Rum Pickles
- Salted mixed nuts
- Salted corn nuts
- Salted pretzel thins
- Assorted small citrus fruits (tangerines, clementines, mandarinquots, kumquats)
- Fresh strawberries
- Sunflower sprouts
For the Tipsy Pickle Hummus
- 2 15-oz cans of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ c brine from a jar of The Tipsy Pickle’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Rum Pickles
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- Drizzle of olive oil as needed
- Several chopped pickles
- Pickled mustard seeds from the jar of pickles
- Combine the chick peas, pickle brine, mustard, maple syrup, and salt in a food processor. Process until you have a thick, rich, creamy hummus. Add a drizzle or more of olive oil if needed to help bring it together.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl.
- Use a spatula to make a well in the center of the hummus, then fill the well with several finely-diced pickles.
- Remove the mustard seeds from the pickle jar and scatter them across the top of the hummus. Omit the cloves and juniper berries, which should not be eaten whole.
For the Tipsy Quick-Pickled Red Onions
- Small red onion
- Brine from a jar of The Tipsy Pickle’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Rum Pickles
- Additional apple cider vinegar as needed
- Slice the onion into thin rounds and add them to a pot.
- Add the pickle brine, then additional apple cider vinegar just until the onions are barely submerged.
- Bring the onions and brine to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the onions are pickled and tender but not soft.
- Drain the onions in a strainer, then cool them completely before using.